Keith Ridgway worked in industry before moving to academia in 1980. He joined the University of Sheffield as a lecturer in 1988, and became Professor of Design and Manufacture in 1997. He worked with local businessman Adrian Allen to launch the AMRC with Boeing in 2001. In 2009, he helped launch the Nuclear Advanced Manufacturing Research Centre.
Keith was awarded an OBE in 2005 and CBE in 2011. He became a Fellow of the Royal Academy of Engineering in 2006.
Adrian Allen was born in South Yorkshire, and spent decades in the advanced tools and aerospace industries. As sales director at Sheffield tooling company Technicut, Adrian worked with Professor Keith Ridgway to forge new links between Boeing and the University of Sheffield, culminating in the launch of the AMRC in 2001.
Adrian was awarded an OBE in 2010 for services to industry.
John Baragwanath worked as a radar and communications engineer in the RAF and industry, before joining the Department of Trade & Industry in 1990. As head of the Government Office for Yorkshire & the Humber Regional Innovation Unit, he played a key role in establishing the AMRC and Advanced Manufacturing Park in South Yorkshire.
John was awarded an OBE in 2004, and joined the AMRC as projects director in 2005.
Former Airbus head of research for the UK, Colin Sirett joined the University of Sheffield Advanced Manufacturing Research Centre as its Chief Executive Officer in February 2016.
Colin Sirett’s connections with the AMRC stretch back to the organisation’s early days, not long after he joined landing gear specialist Messier Dowty – now Safran Landing Systems.
- Pete Hoffman - Boeing (Chair)
- Colin Mitchell - Airbus
- Jeff Hoyle - Assystem
- Bart Simpson - Autodesk
- Andrew Schofield - BAE Systems
- Tim Wheeler - Boeing UK
- Tony Pennington - Ceratizit
- Sergio Durante - DIAD (Tier 2 representative)
- Richard Kingsbury - Geo Kingsbury Machine Tools
- Paul Perera - GKN Aerospace
- Ed Jones - Hangsterfer's (Tier 2 representative)
- David Brown - Hexagon Manufacturing Intelligence
- Andrew Tanner - Kennametal
- Gerry Clark Maher (Tier 2 representative)
- Ken Smart - McLaren Automotive
- Tony Brown - Metrology Software Products
- Kevin Gilbert - Mills CNC
- Ralf Riedemann - Mori Seiki
- Ian Fountain - National Instruments
- Tony Bowkett - Nikken (Tier 2 representative)
- Matthew Coulson - Open Mind Technologies
- Tony Cooper - OSG
- Paul Haimes - PTC
- Mark Buckingham - Renishaw
- Mike Garrett - Ricardo
- Steve Burgess - Rolls Royce
- Magnus Ekback - Sandvik
- Jon Shipley - Seco Tools
- Hugh Welch - SGS Tool Company
- Nicola Spence - Spirit AeroSystems
- Steve Totty - Star Micronics GB
- Lee Scott - Starrag
- David Fothergill - Technicut
- Erich Schmid - United Grinding
- Stephen Curtis - UTC Aerospace Systems
- Tom Davies - XpertRule Software