To create centres of excellence that focus on making significant difference to the Advanced Manufacturing sector by:
- Maintaining a world class community where research, design, manufacture and study interact effectively to put technology into practice.
- Having a manufacturing capability for showcasing best practice, tools and techniques associated with metals forming.
- Being a global centre for the benchmarking of tools and techniques for aerospace manufacturing.
- Developing knowledge-based simulation tools and techniques.
- Incubating and spinning out technology to raise the performance of both local and national manufacturing companies.
- Developing vocational engineering student programmes.