The AMRC Composite Centre is based in a dedicated 1800 sq m extension to the AMRC Factory of the Future.
The Composite Centre facility includes a general workshop and a controlled environment with high-spec clean rooms. It houses a range of state-of-the-art design, development and processing equipment, including a filament winding machine, automated tape/tow placement robot, five-axis machining centres, and selection of autoclaves and ovens.
Key equipment includes:
- ADC robotic fibre placement system with thermoplastic tape/tow, thermoset tape and multi-tow thermoset capability.
- MF Tech robotic filament winding machine.
- LBBC autoclave, 3m x 5m, 10 bar, 210 Celsius, suitable for thermoset composites.
- LBBC autoclave, 1m x 2m, 20 bar, 400C suitable for thermoplastic composites.
- Caltherm curing oven, 3m x 3m x 3m, 230 Celsius.
- Vötsch microwave curing facility, 1.8m x 2.8m.
- Isojet Combi RTM equipment.
- Cincinnati 5 axis machining centre.
- CMS 5 axis machining centre.
- ISO class 8 clean room, 900 sq m with integral freezer.
- Eastman NC ply cutter, 2m x 4m.
- Patran and Nastran FEA software.
- 3D design facilities.
- VR modelling and simulation software, including Visetex modelling software.
- WardJet five-axis waterjet machining centre.
- Mega 5 tooling capacity.
- Ecospeed machining centre.
- Simapro life cycle assessment software.