The ASTC offers a range of specialised testing equipment within a fully-fitted workshop.
We are based in the original AMRC building, with 700 sq m of workshop space. A 6×5 metre access door and 5 tonne full-width crane allow us to bring in very large components for testing.
Current testing equipment includes:
- Small 50kN electric test frame.
- Range of uniaxial servo-hydraulic machines (250kN and 100kN).
- Four-post hydraulic 1000kN uniaxial test frame.
- 2MN tension compression frame.
- HBM data acquisition equipment.
- Wide selection of strain gauges and hydraulic actuators.
- Moog portable test controllers.
- Linear potentiometers (10-150mm).
- Moveable strong floors (2.5×3.5m and 2x6m).
From autumn 2013, we will offer significantly expanded resources as part of the new AMRC Design Prototype & Test Centre. New resources will include:
- 10x10m strong floor with reinforced wall, allowing us to create bespoke reaction frame rigs.
- Four 2MN actuators, capable of up to 800 tonnes of tensile/compression loading.
- Split Hopkinson pressure bar machine, to test high strain rate material properties.
For more information, download the ASTC equipment brochure (pdf 5MB).