Tech Board 202014 April 2020 - 14 April 2020
The AMRC Main Board has delegated responsibility for deciding how research funding should be spent to the Tech Board. The Board’s primary function is to consider how funding for Board Generic Projects should be spent, taking into consideration how the money might benefit the overall organisation and lever in funding from other sources.
The Board meets in April/May and November. The Board is always hosted at the AMRC.
The Board comprises:
- 1 representative from each tier 1 member.
- 1 representative for the tier 2 members.
- Key personnel from the University of Sheffield.
- Each tier 1 partner may also nominate an observer who may attend the vote but who may not vote in any decision being taken.
- Half the Board Members must be in attendance and at least half of those present must represent commercial partners for the meeting to be quorate. Decisions are taken by a simple majority.