The AMRC North West Additive Manufacturing team are aiding SMEs that are interested in Additive Manufacturing and its applications.
Additive manufacturing has often been billed as a key component of the next industrial revolution. However, there are potential barriers that can prevent the uptake of this technology for some companies.
Our Additive Manufacturing team are offering 12 hour ERDF-funded assists to Lancashire-based SMEs who are considering implementing additive manufacturing within their business, or who are interested in learning more about its applications.
We can help your business answer the following questions:
What are the capabilities of Additive Manufacturing and how does it work?
- Information on additive manufacturing processes, capabilities, machines and materials.
- Tailored to your business, providing relevant information.
- Avoid potential pitfalls associated with additive manufacturing.
Is Additive Manufacturing suitable for my company?
- Bespoke report tailored to your company’s needs and goals.
- Cost comparisons, feasibility studies, cost/benefit analyses.
- Insight into additive manufacturing, de-risking your transition towards digital manufacturing technologies.
What are the applications of Additive Manufacturing?
- Selection of AM processes suitable to your business needs.
- Business impact analyses – costs, lead times, purchase batch sizes, stocking requirements.
- Insight into agility, flexibility and diversity of additive manufacturing applications.
How to Design for Additive Manufacturing?
- Overview of design principles for additive manufacturing relevant to your application.
- Modification of component geometry to suit additive manufacturing process.
- Design for additive manufacturing knowledge to leverage the potential of polymer systems for your business.
What are the properties of Additively Manufactured Parts?
- Sample additively manufactured parts, with AMRC producing prototype components from CAD data via polymer additive manufacturing.
- Comparison of prototype parts produced on various systems with a range of materials.
- Reduced time to market for new products, prototype testing or final part manufacture.