Professor Keith Ridgway CBE, research director
Keith Ridgway worked in industry before moving to academia in 1980. He joined the University of Sheffield as a lecturer in 1988, and became Professor of Design and Manufacture in 1997. He worked with local businessman Adrian Allen to launch the AMRC with Boeing in 2001. In 2009, he helped launch the Nuclear Advanced Manufacturing Research Centre.
Keith was awarded an OBE in 2005 and CBE in 2011. He became a Fellow of the Royal Academy of Engineering in 2006.
Adrian Allen OBE, commercial director
Adrian Allen was born in South Yorkshire, and spent decades in the advanced tools and aerospace industries. As sales director at Sheffield tooling company Technicut, Adrian worked with Professor Keith Ridgway to forge new links between Boeing and the University of Sheffield, culminating in the launch of the AMRC in 2001.
Adrian was awarded an OBE in 2010 for services to industry.
John Baragwanath OBE, projects director
John Baragwanath worked as a radar and communications engineer in the RAF and industry, before joining the Department of Trade & Industry in 1990. As head of the Government Office for Yorkshire & the Humber Regional Innovation Unit, he played a key role in establishing the AMRC and Advanced Manufacturing Park in South Yorkshire.
John was awarded an OBE in 2004, and joined the AMRC as projects director in 2005.
Please see the Research pages for group leaders and key researchers.
- Bart Moenster, Boeing (Chair)
- Tim Wheeler, Boeing UK
- Steve Burgess, Rolls Royce
- Andrew Schofield, BAE Systems
- Christian Mari, Messier-Bugatti-Dowty
- Nicola Spence, Spirit AeroSystems
- Stephen Curtis, UTC Aerospace Systems
- Ralf Riedemann, Mori Seiki
- Chip Storie, Fives
- Derrick Fothergill, Technicut
- Walter Boersch, Starrag
- Magnus Ekback, Sandvik
- Pat Fenn, Haas
- Tim Armstrong, Carpenters
- Rich Ward, Wardjet
- Steve Totty, Star Micronics GB
- Sergio Durante, DIAD (Tier 2 representative)
- David Brown, Hexagon Metrology
- Tony Cooper, OSG
- Erich Schmid, United Grinding
- Tony Brown, Metrology Software Products