The AMRC has strong links with other centres of manufacturing research excellence across the UK and globally.
High Value Manufacturing Catapult
This allows us to tap into a national network of manufacturing research excellence – if a particular technology falls outside our areas of expertise, we can call on our Catapult partners for the support you need.
The other centres within the HVM Catapult are:
- Advanced Forming Research Centre – Based at the University of Strathclyde, the AFRC focuses on the forming and forging of metals, with associated materials characterisation and process modelling.
- Centre for Process Innovation – based in Teesside, CPI focuses on industrial biotechnology, printable electronics, thermal technologies, smart chemistry and other process industry innovations.
- Manufacturing Technology Centre – Operated by TWI and the Universities of Nottingham, Birmingham and Loughborough, the MTC develops new technologies in joining, automation, fixturing, and near-net manufacture.
- National Composites Centre – Managed by the University of Bristol, the NCC focuses on composites design, high-speed fibre placement, resin development and fibre weave development.
- Nuclear Advanced Manufacturing Research Centre – Managed by the University of Sheffield, and based alongside the AMRC with Boeing, the Nuclear AMRC focuses on large-scale machining and joining for the energy sector.
- Warwick Manufacturing Group – with a history of over 30 years of collaborative industry research, WMG specialises in low-carbon mobility, lightweight technologies, and energy storage and Management.
We are part of Boeing‘s GlobalNet group of industrially-focused research centres. Other members are:
- Advanced Forming Research Centre at the University of Strathclyde, UK.
- Australian AMRC at Swinburne University of Technology, Melbourne.
- Center for Aerospace Manufacturing Technology managed by the Missouri University of Science and Technology, USA.
- Composites Innovation Center in Manitoba, Canada.
- Direct Manufacturing Research Center at the University of Paderborn, Germany.
- Integrated Vehicle Health Management at Cranfield University, UK.
- Georgia Tech Manufacturing Institute at the Georgia Institute of Technology, USA.
- Science and Engineering Research Council of the Singapore Agency for Science, Technology and Research
- IMAST the Technological District on Polymeric and Composite Materials Engineering and Structures, Italy.
- ThermoPlastic Research Center at the University of Twente in the Netherlands.