Our Additive Manufacturing (AM) work is focused on powder metallurgy materials and processes and design for additive manufacturing.
We conduct projects in the areas of:
- Powder characterisation – understanding the materials to help predict and control their performance in powder metallurgy processes
- Powder metallurgy processing technologies – exploring and optimising the capabilities of powder bed and blown powder additive manufacturing powders
- Design for additive manufacturing - maximising the potential of AM via intelligent design and topology optimisation. Providing knowledge based advice on the capabilities and limitations of AM.
Our facilities include:
- Desktop Metal Studio System
- Formlabs Form 2
- Markforged MK2
- Photocentric Liquid Precision i5
- Specialist Powder Characterisation Laboratory
- Renishaw's AM250 powder bed metal additive machine
- Renishaw AM400 metal machine
- Renishaw AM500Q Multi-laser Laser Powder Bed Fusion (LBPF) system.
- Optomec LENS MR-7 blown powder metal additive machine
- 3D Systems ProJet 6000SD
- Stratasys F170
- Stratasys Fortus 900mc
- Stratasys uPrint SE Plus
- Stratsys Mojo
- DMG Mori Lasertec Hybrid AM / Machining platform
For more information, please contact:
James Hunt, Theme Lead for Near Net Shape Processes