The team behind AMRC Cymru is a powerful partnership between the Welsh Government, local authorities, growth and enterprise agencies and a world-leading R&D centre in advanced manufacturing.
The research team operating AMRC Cymru is part of the University of Sheffield Advanced Manufacturing Research Centre and a member of the High Value Manufacturing (HVM) Catapult, a consortium of leading manufacturing and process research centres backed by Innovate UK.
Our goal is to help the region’s manufacturing community access advanced technologies that will drive improvements in productivity, performance and quality.
Our ability to draw on the proven R&D talent of the University of Sheffield AMRC and the seven-member HVM Catapult, provides immediate strength in depth to support the Welsh Government in its ambition to make North Wales the epicentre of innovation driven, advanced manufacturing.
As a cutting edge R&D facility, AMRC Cymru will be driven by industry, for industry. It will provide an open innovation platform accessible to all manufacturers for the whole of Wales.
Key areas of support:
- Design for X
- Product and process verification
Other areas of expertise include: Additive Manufacturing, Castings, Composite Manufacturing, Design and Prototyping, Integrated Manufacturing, Machining, Manufacturing Intelligence, Metrology, Microscopy, Structural Testing and Training.
AMRC Cymru supports businesses to engage and adopt Industry 4.0 technologies demystifying and de-risking the process through research, collaboration and knowledge.
- Exciting future for AMRC Cymru as it marks first year
- Food and Drink Federation announced as AMRC Cymru partner
- The AMRC's £2m sustainable food packaging hub
- Sir Keir sees the future of manufacturing at AMRC Cymru
- Leading manufacturers into the new normal
- From game changer to life saver
- Minister sees innovation and enterprise at AMRC Cymru
- 'Enormous opportunity' for Airbus to go green
- AMRC Cymru opens for business in North Wales
For further information please contact:
Jason Murphy Operations Director
Andy Silcox Research Director
T: +44 (0)7845 015877